Daddy’s wedding ring could fit on their tiny wrists.
At two pounds, 5 ounces and three pounds, three ounces they were larger than life.
I was in love.
They couldn’t come home with me.
They were too fragile and too tiny.
My heart was breaking.
Unlike so many babies born too soon, their story doesn’t end there. Ethan and Zach were born nine weeks early, but they are now healthy nine-year-old boys who are full of life.
The March of Dimes is a wonderful organization who’s mission is to improve the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth, and infant mortality. Through research, community services, education and advocacy they save babies’ lives.
Every year the March of Dimes coordinates a walk to raise support for programs in our very own communities that help moms have healthy, full-term pregnancies. Walking in March for Babies, you give hope to the more than half a million babies born too soon each year. The money you raise also funds research to find answers to the problems that threaten our babies.
One of the national sponsors of March for Babies is Famous Footwear, which is the sole (no pun intended) provider of the official shoe of March for Babies – the Dr. Scholl’s Inferno shoe. To share the excitement as this year’s March for Babies walk season begins, Famous Footwear has given me a $25 Famous Footwear gift card to give to one of you!
Here’s how to enter for a chance to win:
- Head over and meet baby Alex, before 9pm on April 30th, then come back here and tell me what you learned about what the March of Dimes has already done to help.
Want a few bonus entries? Leave me a separate comment for each of the following:
- Join a team, or perhaps even start your own, to March for Babies in your community. Leave me a comment with your teams name and the date of your walk.
- Subscribe to our RSS feed.
- Follow me on Twitter – I’m YoungMommy – and tweet the following, up to once a day through April 30th :: Enter to win a $25 Famous Footwear gift card in celebration of the March for Babies :: http://dlvr.it/WHCt #D2Dgvwy.
- One winner will be selected at random, and will be notified by email. Winner will then have 24 hours to respond before forfeiting their prize.
There are 900 March for Babies events taking place nationwide to support the March of Dimes mission to improve the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth and infant mortality. Find an event near you.